POSTING DATE: March 19, 2020 POSTING #089-20 (CUPE Service)
EXPIRY DATE: March 26, 2020
HURON PERTH HEALTHCARE ALLIANCE
NOTICE OF VACANCY
POSITION: BUILDING SERVICES SUPPORT
– Operating Engineer Third Class
Primary Site: Stratford
POSITION SUMMARY: Directly responsible to the Manager, Facilities Management for effectively and efficiently providing quality maintenance services as assigned
REPORTS TO: Manager, Facilities Management
DATE REQUIRED: As soon as possible
SALARY: $28.15 to $29.96 per hour
- Minimum Grade 12 education
- Minimum five years recent experience as an Operating Engineer Third Class, licensed in the Province of Ontario
- Recent Hospital experience would be considered an asset
- Multi-skilled with some knowledge of most skilled trades.
- Competent, knowledgeable and able to perform all maintenance duties relating to the operation of hot water and steam boilers.
- Able to perform regular inspections and preventive maintenance duties for most pressure vessels, systems and equipment normally found in a hospital.
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position.
- Be a self starter and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Be familiar with computers and their functions as it relates to email, Microsoft suite of software, an automated Work Order System and the safe operation of a hospital’s equipment.
- Travel among the four sites of the Alliance, as required and assume “on-call” duties in a regular rotation. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
Please be advised that we are no longer accepting emailed or paper-based resumes. Please submit a complete resume by visiting our job opportunities page on our website: www.hpha.ca
Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance is an equal opportunity employer that strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources for assistance.